Nooooooooo! I have officially lost my newest MAC lipstick, my Sheen Supreme in Royal Azalea.
I used it yesterday morning, put it in the pocket of my dress to touch up whilst at work (can’t keep my makeup bag in the office) and by the time I’d got to work it was gone!
I did wonder, “have I actually put it in my pocket, could it be at home?” Nope. And it wasn’t in the car, so I can only assume that it’s on a train somewhere… Sob!
I feel especially sad because it was the newest member of my lipstick family. I bought it at the airport and used it a couple of times whilst away, and was really looking forward to using it when my tan had faded. Le sigh…
Have you ever lost a beloved member of your makeup family??
Love a sad Leafy x
A miracle has happened! I am now reunited with the Lost Lipstick!
“But where was it?!” I hear you cry!
Under my car seat. Drama over.
Hee Hee ha ha! *sheer delight
Lately I have become obsessed with skincare. I’ll admit it, my routine for the past 10 years that I’ve been wearing makeup was a quick swipe of a face wipe, sometimes followed by a facial wash. I never used moisturiser, as I believed that my skin couldn’t take it – a quick slap of a sample I would find at the bottom of my makeup bag, and I would break out, so therefore decided my skin just didn’t need to be moisturised.
It was only around 4 months ago that I was reading Vivianna’s blog, and I realised how I longed for the ‘dewy’ skin finish that she seemed to have. She’s a big fan of tinted moisturisers – something I’d never even considered as I thought my skin just wasn’t good enough to use such a light base, and then it really sunk in… if i upped my game with my skincare, maybe my skintone would improve, and I’d hopefully be able to rely less heavily on covering my face in foundation. Not only that, but when I’m 60, I’ll be thanking myself for putting in the effort when I was younger.
My skin is pretty much combination (although it is to be noted that since paying more attention to my skin, i am now more ‘Normal’). So here is what I’m using:
- Johnsons Baby Wipes – Ok so I’m still using the face wipes, but that’s until I can get a bottle of Bioderma’s Crealine H2O – hopefully soon!
- Spritz of Caudalie Eau de Beaute – oh my, this stuff is amazing. Everyone knows it, need I say more?
- Simple Kind To Skin Light Hydrating Moisturiser – really light, absorbs in well, ready to put makeup over, and doesn’t break me out. It’s kind to the bank balance as well! I think I need something more moisturising at night however, but I reckon a couple of drops Estee Lauder ANR will combat this.
- Origins Ginzing refreshing eye cream – this little jar really packs a punch – my eyes feel hydratred, and over the last few weeks I have noticed a real difference in appearance – less puffy, and they just look brighter! I especially love the light reflecting particles – great for in the morning when you need a little boost in this area.
So this is my basic routine for now. I say for now, as I do have a list about as long as my arm of different products I want to try (some are featured in my wishlist page at the top of the screen). Next on my shopping list for August is the Botanics Cleansing Balm as recommended by Alix at I Covet Thee, and this SK:N Moisturiser was highly recommended by a lovely customer I met yesterday who is part of the Cabin Crew for British Airways. This is a lady who looks incredible for her age, and even after years of usuing La Prarie, she says this is just £18 and she actually prefers it to her usual White Caviar cream. I shall let you know how I get on with that. The rest of her Cabin Crew also swear by La Roche Posey, so I may have a little browse at that range too.
Any other recommendations?
Monday, start of a new week, and start of a new face. I have totally fallen in love with this Garnier’s Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream again!
The thing is, when I first bought this around 3 months ago, I wanted to really like it, but I just.. didn’t. I was disappointed that on its own it really didn’t help my skin tone as it claims, it felt quite wet on my combination skin, and even when trying it under foundation, it felt like it was just slipping around a bit. Not happy. Nevertheless, I kept it, thinking that maybe I’d like eventually.
So yesterday as I continued to use my Vichy Corrective Foundation sample, and powdered up with my Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, I wasn’t happy with the look of my skin. It was too matte and I realised that I really wanted to go back to having more dewy looking skin. As I’m yet to buy the amazingness that is the Oil-free Tinted Moisturiser by Laura Mercier, (waiting for payday ugh!) my eyes landed on the BB Cream.. Maybe, I thought, just maybe.
Buffing this on with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, with just a pea sized amount on the back of my hand, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome! It went on smoothly, and evened out my skin tone, and even covered most of my blemishes, and as I had used this quite sparingly, my skin was dewy that needed only a hint of powder to set.
What I will say is that the improvement in my skin lately has contributed to my change of opinion of this BB Cream (more to come on that), so if you have pretty decent skin, you are pretty likely to feel the same about this as I do now.
I’d love to know anyone’s thoughts on this BB Cream, and any others you’ve tried so feel free to pop a comment down below!
In the meantime you can get a free sample of this here – Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector
Love Leafy x
Hello, Happy Saturday! I thought I’d upload a quick FOTD, as this MAC Matte lipstick in ‘So Chaud’ is what has been making me feel better after my terrible nights sleep on Thursday. No matter how tired I’m feeling, a pop of bright lippie is always guaranteed to make me feel myself again!
What make up/ beauty products do you swear by to make you feel human again?
Love Leafy x
Over Christmas (aaaaaages ago, I know!) I was fortunate enough to have won the Christmas Managers incentive at work, and received £200 John Lewis vouchers. So with some set aside to buy our wedding invitations, the remaining amount I decided to use to treat myself to a couple of products I had been eyeing up. Wine glasses and YSL L’homme bought for my boyfriend, I decided to finally purchase NARS blush in Orgasm, Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray, and finally after being highly recommended by Vivianna I selected Origins GinZing eye cream. I was in beauty product heaven! I’ve been using all of them for over a week now, so watch this space for a review! Love Leafy x
Yay! First post – eek! Just a quick one (and also,it’s a chance for me to play around and get my bearings!). So I thought I’d start with what I’m wearing for everyday makeup recently.
- This week i have been trialling Vichy’s Dermablend Corrective Foundation that I got with June’s Glossybox and honestly, I am really loving this right now. I have felt that during the hot, sticky, (wet) climate, my usual beloved Illamasqua Skin Base is just too thick. Just a quick dab here and there and a blend with my Real Techniques Buffing brush is all the coverage I need.
- This is then set with a quick dab of Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, in Natural Beige. The website says that this is “a finely milled powder composed completely of natural elements with 15 amino acids to promote radiant skin, and diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles”. Fine by me!
- For contouring I’ve dug out Soap & Glory’s Solar Powder (found here), and I have found that the darker, matt bronzer works really well as a contouring colour on my skin tone.
- On my cheekbones, I follow with a dust of NARS blush in Orgasm – a pick from my recent John Lewis haul. I really love this colour as the golden shimmer is just the right amount to hightlight and add a youthful flush to my cheeks without looking like a glitterball. It also blends really well over my contour colour.
- For my eyes, I have been reaching for L’Oreal Super Liner – honestly, I’m not too keen on this, the sponge tip feels really awkward and unatural. I consider myself as a liquid eyeliner veteran,so this really suprised me. I’m getting along ok, but I have to say, as soon as I’m out of it, it’s back to Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner.
- Mascara is L’Oreal’s 4D Lash Architect. Liking this so far – especially the narrowed end for getting right into the corners of my eye, however Vivianna raves about the Telescopic mascara, so I will be giving that a try!
- Can’t beat a bit of Vaselien Rosy lips to complete my ‘everyday makeup’ routine.
So thats it. My first post, and a more-in-depth-than-I-had-first-thought look at my makeup routine.
Love Leafy x