Yay! First post – eek! Just a quick one (and also,it’s a chance for me to play around and get my bearings!). So I thought I’d start with what I’m wearing for everyday makeup recently.
- This week i have been trialling Vichy’s Dermablend Corrective Foundation that I got with June’s Glossybox and honestly, I am really loving this right now. I have felt that during the hot, sticky, (wet) climate, my usual beloved Illamasqua Skin Base is just too thick. Just a quick dab here and there and a blend with my Real Techniques Buffing brush is all the coverage I need.
- This is then set with a quick dab of Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, in Natural Beige. The website says that this is “a finely milled powder composed completely of natural elements with 15 amino acids to promote radiant skin, and diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles”. Fine by me!
- For contouring I’ve dug out Soap & Glory’s Solar Powder (found here), and I have found that the darker, matt bronzer works really well as a contouring colour on my skin tone.
- On my cheekbones, I follow with a dust of NARS blush in Orgasm – a pick from my recent John Lewis haul. I really love this colour as the golden shimmer is just the right amount to hightlight and add a youthful flush to my cheeks without looking like a glitterball. It also blends really well over my contour colour.
- For my eyes, I have been reaching for L’Oreal Super Liner – honestly, I’m not too keen on this, the sponge tip feels really awkward and unatural. I consider myself as a liquid eyeliner veteran,so this really suprised me. I’m getting along ok, but I have to say, as soon as I’m out of it, it’s back to Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner.
- Mascara is L’Oreal’s 4D Lash Architect. Liking this so far – especially the narrowed end for getting right into the corners of my eye, however Vivianna raves about the Telescopic mascara, so I will be giving that a try!
- Can’t beat a bit of Vaselien Rosy lips to complete my ‘everyday makeup’ routine.
So thats it. My first post, and a more-in-depth-than-I-had-first-thought look at my makeup routine.
Love Leafy x